Sunday, October 31, 2004

Gainesville

City, seat (1823) of Hall county, northeastern Georgia, U.S., about 50 miles (80 km) northeast of Atlanta. It is located along Lake Sidney Lanier (which is impounded by Buford Dam on the Chattahoochee River), in the foothills of the southern Blue Ridge Mountains. Settled in 1818, it was named for General Edmund P. Gaines, who served in the War of 1812. Gainesville was heavily damaged and many lives were

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home